Clinics & Services
In addition to general consultations the practice offers a range of clinics and services:
Chronic Disease management
We make use of a "month of birth" recall system. This means that on the month of your birthday you can either book a review or expect to receive a call or text to come and see us for your "Annual MOT" if you have any of the following conditions:
- C.O.P.D - when booking please request a spirometry review with our Healthcare Assistant followed by a single review appointment with one of our Practice Nurses
- Chronic heart disease
- Child health surveillance - appropriate child health surveillance appointments available (Dr Flett and Health Visitor)
- Child immunisation - these are now carried out by the Health Visitors at Kirklands Hospital
- Antenatal clinic - every Wednesday and Friday 14:15 – 16:00 (midwife led)
- Wart clinic - held monthly (Dr Melrose)
- Well Baby clinic - every Monday 13:00 – 15:00 at Uddingston Community Centre (health visitor)
- Travel vaccines/advice - our practice nurses can give advice to patients going abroad. You will be asked to complete a patient questionnaire and make an appointment. The practice requires eight weeks' notice for the completion of holiday vaccinations. For more information see the above tab.
The aim of promoting health is to try to identify risk factors at an early stage and prevent them from causing ill health. For this reason we will ask about drinking and smoking habits and measure your blood pressure and weight from time to time. This is especially wise in people with a family history of heart disease, diabetes, asthma or stroke.